Sr. Kaja Hečková, D.C., reports:
From March 8 to March 10, 2019, twenty-six lay people met in Omsk. They wish to deepen their lives of prayer and devotion to the Virgin Mary, to spread the devotion further, to be responsible for local home transfer of the portable chapels of the Virgin Mary of the Miraculous Medal, and to become active members of AMM Russia.
During these days they prayed, meditated, had talks and shared experiences together. In conferences they learned about the role and goals of the lay person in the Church, the role of women in the teaching of St. John Paul II, becoming more closely acquainted with the main goals and activities of the MMA in the world and in Russia, the life of St. Vincent de Paul, and his followers in the Vincentian Family, part of which is the Association of the Miraculous Medal.
A few reviews and impressions from the meeting:
- For me, the talk by Father Gregory on the ministry of the laity in the Church, our role was important. We now know how to spread this movement.
- Praying together, reflection, overwhelming kindness, lectures and sermons by priests, and the care of sisters helped me during the meeting. It had been difficult for me to understand how I would carry out my mission as an AMM member.
- It was important for me to learn how much I was not doing with my parishioners on the issue of bringing them into the group. Here I learned how to fix that. I would like to know more about what is happening in the Association, and any new directions in the movement.
- It was important for me to stop, take a break and focus only on this meeting. In the future, I would like to share experiences: outcomes of our plans.
- I experienced my life anew, how God works in my life. Vocation, reflection, a film about St. Vincent…
- It was important for me to understand and unite spiritually with all those present, with members of the AMM. Faith, prayer, meditation, the film of St. Vincent all helped me. I would like to hear about the holy families, histories and experiences of other parishioners, about what changes occur in families, communities, parishes with moments of prayer to the Virgin Mary of the Miraculous Medal.